Monday, October 13, 2008

Back in the U.S.S.A

I spent a most luxurious day doing absolutely nothing. Shaking off the soreness of the tour. I think it's pretentious to talk about being tired or beat up for doing what you love for ten days in another country, but i am--as they say--positively knackered.

Save the hour and a half I waited for my bags, the Atlanta airport was surprisingly fast and efficient. And the shuttle driver stopped at a Burger King/truck stop on the ride up to Chatt', allowing me to stumble half-awake and road weary through the aisles looking for salt and vinegar chips one last time.

The tour was fabulous. The Matt O'Ree Band is a fantastically talented blues band who are also really great guys, a lot of fun to be around. I made five good friends on this tour. Saw some of the most remote yet cool parts of the UK and had a number of life changing experiences.

I had hoped to keep a running blog of it all, but internet access was actually devilishly hard to obtain. I've journaled the whole thing, took a ton of pictures and will post highlights here soon. I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks to all that came out to the shows, bought CDs and otherwise made my this trip less of a financial bath than it could've been.

SPeaking of financial baths, I'm fairly grateful for the lack of access to the outside world as it's seemed to have gone to hell well I'm gone. I can't leave you people alone for a minute!

-Br

No comments: