Saturday, April 17, 2004

Record announcement and the new blog.

I am in the Pacific Northwest: Port Townsend, Washington to be exact. This is just about as far away as from the America as you can get. Across the water from me is Canada. Which means at least the radio up here is fairly decent. I am here to record my first dulcimer record with Robert Force. Robert Force I met a did a series of dates in Ireland, he toured for years as a dulcimer Duo with Albert D'Osshe, he wrote a book in the seventies called "In Search of the Wild Dulcimer" it sold over 100,000 copies. He is the biggest Beta fish in the shot glass, and he's producing my record and putting it out on his label. He is Capt. Ahab and we are chasing the elusive white whale of inspiration. Chris Martin is engineering at tree house studios: two small shacks in the middle of the woods that you can call the Pequod. No he's not Starbuck, though' we drink that stuff all the time. and you I guess you can call me Ishmael. Tho' the crazy literary metaphors are just the side effect of being around Robert.